LG Chem Ltd., South Korea's leading chemical company, said Wednesday it has opened a research and development center in the United States to develop new growth engines under a partnership with a local university.
LG Chem's North America Innovation Center, located in Georgia, will focus on developing technologies involving next-generation battery materials, recycling and bioplastics, while recruiting qualified local engineers, the company said in a statement.
LG Chem has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) for the development of new technologies in the three fields mentioned above.
The company said it will expand the innovation center into a major R&D center in North America by 2025. (Yonhap)
- 'Basel Night' at Swiss Embassy in Seoul heralds Basel's cultural legacy
- 황교안 "유승민·이준석 자리만 차지…통합, 잡탕밥 돼선 안돼"
- [Herald Interview] Pleasantly surprised
- [Busan Is Ready] S. Korea to expand ODA initiatives to promote Busan Expo
- Lightsum's new album ‘Honey or Spice’ tickles tastebuds
- 尹 “연금안 맹탕? 근거·합의 없이 숫자로만 결론 낼 수 없다”
- Over half of Koreans say they won't continue jesa: survey
- Special brochure brings together Korean